Thursday, April 8, 2010

Women, under 30, attractive,smart with no issues... YEAH RIGHT!

So, I'll start this off with putting out there, who I am, and what it is I intend to be rambling on about here.

I'm a sole parent of two fantastic children, a 10 y.o daughter and a 9 y.o son. I was a Teen Parent, graduated High School 8 months pregnant with my daughter in 1999, and conceived my son just a couple of months after her birth. Seperated from their father when I was 6 weeks pregnant with our 2nd child. He has had 4 more children since, My children incidently have no idea who their father is or about the existance of their half siblings.
I've been studying towards a Bachelor of Applied Science (Psychology & Communication double major) on and off for some time. My health gives me alot of stop and starts. This year I am taking classes in Social & Individual Psychology, Research Methods and Interpretation, Interpersonal Communication and Counselling Theory.
We survive, just barely and unfortunately, on welfare. This makes for a dismal existence, only being provided with just enough money to stay alive, which happens to be nowhere near enough to live. My supplementary income comes from being a reliever teacher in early childhood. Currently I work with a childcare centre that caters to teen parents who are continuing their education, a cause I am personally passionate about. This is casual on call position, relieving isn't often steady work.
And then theres the six shades of crazy. It is also my genetic misfortune to live with Bipolar. After years of depression as a teenager, I was diagnosed with Bipolar II after a breakdown when I was 19, this was followed by years of denial and non compliance, then years of complaince with a bitter essence of almost acceptance and numerous trial and error treatments. I am still on the journey to find a treatment that helps me function closer to my full ability. A journey that has brought me here....

No comments:

Post a Comment